- The operator manipulates the positioning and removal of the gangway thanks to levers, applying the corresponding movements.
- The actuators’ hydraulic circuits are opened (for electric gangways, the motor’s brake is released), allowing free movement of the gangway. The gangway will follow ship’s movements when it is on its deck, provided no operating limits are exceeded.
- For the tower gangways, automatic or manual lifting movement can be selected.
Without electric supply mode
- Acting on the hand pump of the hydraulic unit with the bar ready for it, once the system is pressurized and acting simultaneously on the required lever for the desired movement. (telescopic, rotation, tilt).
Turn Restriction (optional)
- The equipment can be configured so that rotation is only permitted when ladder is gathered and elevated to maximum (minimum radius). This condition can be cancelled using a by-pass.
- The equipment can be configured so that in certain circumstances, when an emergency button is activated, or until a ESD signal is received, a withdraw cycle is carried out, taking the gangway out of the ship.